Difference between NG to Production and NG to Pipeline?

More
2 years 6 months ago - 2 years 6 months ago #294 by Envirosoft
I am looking for the emissions associated with NG production, and the compressor stations upstream, prior to production of other products. Which is more representative:

NG to Production (feedstock transmission +feedstock recovery)

or

NG to NG Pipeline (feedstock transmission + feedstock recovery)

And what is the difference in the feedstock transmission numbers?
Last edit: 2 years 6 months ago by Envirosoft.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 6 months ago #296 by doconnor
The difference between the two pathways is the transmission distance.

NG to Fuel production assumes that NG based fuel production plants would be built close to the source of NG so there is a factor (transport H18) that is applied to the transmission distance. This pathway is used for methanol, mixed alcohol, FT distillate and NG to gasoline pathways.

NG to pipeline is similar except that the factor is in cell I18. This pathway is not really used for any of the other pathways.

Regards
Don O'Connor
The following user(s) said Thank You: Envirosoft

More
2 years 6 months ago #298 by dubois
In the case of NG to Fuel Production - what is the difference between the Feedstock Recovery and the Fuel Production numbers? My understanding based on your previous forum responses are that the Feedstock Recovery would be the actual recovery (drilling/mining) associated with the NG. What are the Fuel Production emission numbers representative of, if this is supposed to be upstream of the production process?

Thanks again!

More
2 years 6 months ago #299 by doconnor
For the natural gas pathways, fuel production is the gas processing step. Where the raw gas is upgraded to pipeline specification and where the LPG is produced.

Regards
Don O'Connor