In order to assist with the navigation of the reports, each of the reports on this page has had the keywords tagged. All of the tags used are on the left. Clicking on a tag will then show all of the reports that have that keyword. All of the tags that are used with that keyword are then shown listed above the reports.
Prepared for Natural Resources Canada in September 2002
Download | View Abstract | Hide Abstract
- Determined the lifecycle energy balance and greenhouse gas emissions for biodiesel manufactured from waste animal fats, soyoil and Canola oil.
- Determined the impact on greenhouse gas emissions of using biodiesel blends of 2%, 20% and 100% compared to conventional diesel fuel
- Determined the impact on greenhouse gas emissions of using ethanol diesel blends of 7% and 15% compared to conventional diesel fuel.
- Confirmed the appropriate treatment of N2O emissions from agricultural residues in the latest version of GHGenius.
- Estimated the production costs of biodiesel from the various feedstocks studied.
- Provided an overview of the policy issues raised by the blending of biodiesel or ethanol diesel blends. These include taxation issues, impact on exhaust emissions, regulatory issues with respect to safety and standards, engine warranty issues and distribution and marketing issues.
Tags: Biodiesel - Canola - Ethanol - Fertilizer - GHGenius 2.0 - Soybeans - Tallow - Yellow Grease